Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Do you feel it? The bite in the air today. The slight breeze that holds menacing whispers. The voices there are so many of them. They are all trying to break free, to tell us their secrets. The calm. There are no birds, there are no unseen creatures scurrying about in the bushes, there are not the clicks and clacks of the squirrels. There is nothing, they feel it, they listen, they see the signs. It is there waiting, building, empowering itself. It's reach can be unending, it can sneak into the placss you thought you had blocked out for good. Do you feel it? It is looking to take hold. It can be whatever it chooses, I think the course of where it takes us is not decided until it is here staring each of us in the face. Strength is what you need to fight it, to make it bend to your will. What do you do if you cant fight, cant resist. Do you sit and wait for the inevitable? If you stop for just a moment you can feel it caress. If you run it will find you, if you stand you ground it will suffocate you. There is no mercy for the weak, there is no reward for the strong. It is all around me right now. I can feel it coming this time. I don't know where I will be thrown this time. I don't know what will become of me or my family this time. I can feel it. Change. Change is on the wind, it is in every breath I take. I know it is coming and I am scared. I can feel it in every cell of my body. I have seen it in the dark, I have felt it in the light. It is here waiting and watching. Change.

No comments: